Project Preview (Pre-Judging Document)
The purpose of this document is to provide the judges with a preview of you project so that they can become familiar with your research before viewing your full project on judging day. This document is required by Del Val for participants in their fair. This is just a summary of the project and not the project in full.
Limit the document to the formatting guidelines:
- Fair and Category (Fair is the grade level 12, 11, 10, 9, MS, HS Team)
- Abstract - The same 250-word abstract that you will be including as part of the project
- Project summary – treat this as a sales pitch showing highlights of your project
- Describe your inspiration for this project
- Briefly describe elements of the project that excited you
- This could be unexpected results, new discoveries, or novel methods or devices
- Briefly describe elements of the project that may have been a detriment
- Be honest, science is about discovery. Engineering is about creating new things. There is no failure, just the discovery of what didn’t work or what might not be true.
- Briefly describe further areas of research, new applications, or improvements to the experiment/equipment.
- Text only – Black on White
- Two (2) pages maximum
- Minimum font size of 12